May 6, 2020
This Policy applies to the product The Smart Video and the companies who promote it— Octopus Team Pty Ltd and Personalized Video Ads, LLC. It governs any and all data collection and usage by these two entities. By using the site https://thesmartvideo.com, you are consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to ensure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any time The Smart Video decides to use any personally identifiable information on file in a vastly different manner than its original intent, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users may agree to the revised usage or opt out.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
- What personally identifiable information is collected through our website.
- Why we collect personal information and the legal basis for its collection.
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- Security procedures used to protect the misuse of your information.
Information we collect
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
In addition, The Smart Video website records various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily-provided information when you make purchases, which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies, and server logs.
The Smart Video may, may have the occasion to collect non-personal, anonymous demographic information, such as gender, your type of browser, operating system, and IP address—which may be required in order to provide and maintain superior quality service.
The Smart Video may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent. This helps us gleam the types of services and products that may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Please note, it is always up to the user whether you want to disclose personally identifiable information. However, if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right to not register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
Why we collect information and for how long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand and meet your service needs.
- To fulfill our commitment to continually improve our products and services.
- To send you promotional emails with information you have agreed to receive.
- To contact you for surveys and other types of market research.
- To customize our website per your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time will be determined based upon the following criteria:
- The length of time your personal information remains relevant
- The length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations
- Any limitation periods within which claims might be made
- Any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations
- The type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of information Collected
The Smart Video, Octopus Team Pty Ltd, and Personalized Video Ads, LLC does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
The Smart Video, Octopus Team Pty Ltd, and Personalized Video Ads, LLC may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from https://thesmartvideo.com
The Smart Video, Octopus Team Pty Ltd, and Personalized Video Ads, LLC may contact you with about completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services.
The Smart Video, Octopus Team Pty Ltd, and Personalized Video Ads, LLC may feel it necessary, from time to time, to contact you on behalf of our other external business partners with regards to new offers. If you consent or show interest in presented offers, then, at that time, specific identifiable information, such as your name and email may be shared with the third party.
The Smart Video, Octopus Team Pty Ltd, and Personalized Video Ads, LLC uses various third-party social media features. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of those providers and are not within our control. These include but are not limited to:
Disclosure of Information
The Smart Video, Octopus Team Pty Ltd, and Personalized Video Ads, LLC may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide products or services you have ordered.
- In other ways described in this Policy, or which you have given consent.
- In an aggregate with other information, such that your identity cannot reasonably be determined.
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant.
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential.
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service.
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Octopus Team Pty Ltd and Personalized Video Ads, LLC.
The Smart Video, Octopus Team Pty Ltd, and Personalized Video Ads, LLC greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes, such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Octopus Team Pty Ltd and Personalized Video Ads, LLC products and services. In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children undert the age of 13
The Smart Video website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone underage, we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Underage children must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to [email protected] . If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Personalized Video Ads, LLC And Octopus Team Pty Ltd will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to other websites
Notice to european union users
Octopus Team Pty Ltd’s operations are located in Australia, while Personalized Video Ads, LLC’s operations are located in the United States of America. If you reside in the European (EU) Union and visit our website, information will be transferred out of the EU. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Your rights as a data subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the EU, our website users have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this Policy.
- The right of access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within one month. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected]
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe some of our data about you is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. You can do this by logging into your account with us, or by sending us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the information we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of same. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected]
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected]
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold for your own purposes without explanation. If you wish to request a copy of your information, email to [email protected]
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing. To do this, please send an email to [email protected]
- The right to encryption: please rest assured that we will always aim to encrypt and anonymize your personal information whenever possible. We also have protocols in place in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach and we will contact you if your personal information is ever at risk. For more details regarding our security protections see the section below or visit our website at https://thesmartvideo.com.
Octopus Team Pty Ltd and Personalized Video Ads, LLC take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the The Smart Video website, your information is protected both online and offline. Sensitive information such as credit card information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications on the internet and website. This also increases the security of credit card and personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
How to contact us
Email: [email protected]
Telephone Number Australia: + 61 488-846-866
Telephone Number USA: +1 503-470-4848